50 Book Reviews Reviews Published

Tuesday, July 23, 2024

The Cornish Campsite Murder - A Nosey Parker Cozy Mystery by Fiona Leitch

 Thank you to the authors, publishers, and NetGalley for providing these ARCs in exchange for honest reviews. The recipe reviews and food pairing found on my Instagram feed are of my own doing. 


The Cornish Campsite Murder
A Nosey Parker Mystery
Fiona Leitch
One More Chapter 

This is another well-crafted cozy that does not require reading the previous books since plenty of back story is offered. I went to my share of concerts in my younger days but the only camping out I did was standing in a line for the concert tickets. If the concert venue had required camping I might not have seen any concerts, but we also didn’t have awesome food trucks. This is the 7th installment in the Nosey Parker Cozy Mysteries aka my British cookbook collection. Jodie and family are taking a little break, well D.I. Hottie  aka Nathan Withers, her fiancé is officially on holiday and helping Jodie to sell pies, meat pies out of a Die Hard themed food truck at the local festival/concert venue. It turns out that Nathan won’t be on holiday and he and Jodie will be doing double duty when a former rock star is found dead after reneging on former band mates to get the band back together. Jodie has an in with former rock star Caz Harper. Turns out Jodie catered for Carol (aka Caz Harper bass player for The Burners) and her husband Ian (the keyboard player) and didn’t even recognize them. Between trying not to be a fan girl, making and selling a variety of Die Hard based hand pies, worrying about both her teenage daughter and her slightly flighty mom, Jodie does manage to help Nathan to track down clues and question suspects without losing her cool or her incredible ability to use sarcasm in new and interesting ways. I do so like it when she gets cheeky.  Her daughter Daisy can get cheeky too but that is okay because she is cut of the same cloth as Jodie and their interactions are entertaining, heartwarming, and if you have a teenager, they are also informative. I was going back and forth between suspects but was able to suss out who the killer was but not the why. The misdirection is really good and keeps you turning pages plus there is an amazing recipe for Sausage and Leek Hand Pie at the end of the story. I appreciate the Anglicized version since I am not a fan of bratwurst and/or sauerkraut.


No comments: