50 Book Reviews Reviews Published

Monday, June 10, 2019

Blood of Ra YA series



The Daughter of Ra (Blood of Ra Book 2)
By M. Sasinowski
Published by Kingsmill Press

Let me start by saying that I am doing everything I can to not let a spoiler slip through as I write this review! This is the 2nd installment in this very exciting and fast paced YA storyline. Meet Alyssa Morgan seemingly normal 16 year old girl, she prefers comfort over fashion, has a phone at arms length at all times, and has warm feelings for a certain Brit named Paul. See completely normal, except for the little fact that she has hybrid blood and is a direct descendant of the Egyptian god Horus. We find Alyssa plagued by dreams so real they could be memories, dreams filled with death and destruction, love and loss. During her waking hours she is fast on the trail of possible answers to what evil the Society is currently concocting only to find out that there are still more players in this dangerous game. This is truly a roller coaster ride that had me on the edge of my Kindle, sucking in my breath, and audibly expressing my emotions right along with Alyssa. The only downside to this book is that now I have to wait...patiently...for the next installment.




The Heir of Ra (Blood of Ra Book 1)
By M. Sasinowski
Published by Kingsmill Press

Excellent YA adventure novel and hopefully the first of at least 3. Alyssa is an  incredible character with strength and wit plus her love of family. Definitely full of action and adventure spanning several locations. The story teases with a little potential romance that I would love to see grow as the storyline continues. Reminded me heroines from the Lunar Chronicles another well written YA series. This should definitely be on everyone's "wish-to-read" list!
This unbiased review was given in exchange for the opportunity to read The Heir of Ra as provided by NetGalley.

No comments: