50 Book Reviews Reviews Published

Thursday, January 2, 2020

Magic

The following unbiased reviews are given in exchange for early access by NetGalley and publishers.


Pawsitively Secretive (Witch of Edgehill Mystery #3)
By Melissa Erin Jackson
Published by Ringtail Press

Amber is back and this time her secret is pivotal in the recovery of her young friend and daughter of the mayor, Chloe. Secrets seem to be the central focus of this latest Witch of Edgehill mystery. The Here and Meow Event sounds like a blast and how creative is Ms. Jackson with all of the feline inspired event titles?!?! I think I might have actually  chortled when I read the words "Hair Ball." This book had me in complete suspense as Amber flexed her witchy muscles, with the help of cousin Edgar. Without spilling  spoilers I will go as far as to say that I much prefer the way this latest book ended in co parison to its predecessor. I will also point out that you do not have read the previous adventure to be able to follow along and understand why or how the characters develope and interact. I am already looking forward to the next one.


By Amy Kuivalainen
Published by BHC Press

What an incredible story! A new telling of an old myth set in an exotic background with a diverse cast of characters. Dr. Penelope Bryne is not living her life the way her father would like or insists but she is living her life the way she dreams. Called to the seafloor by a mysterious force resulting in an amazingly historic find, Dr. Bryne is determined to find any trace of the fabled and mystical Atlantis. The last thing she expects is to be called by the Venice Polizia to consult on a ritualistic killing. Great story development which enabled me to lose all track of time, but in a very good way. This book has mystery, intrigue, romance, laughs, tears, history, and really good espresso (according to Penelope). Did I mention the romance, it teases with its magical, mysterious magician who can quite literally sweep Penelope off her feet and transport her to his tower. I eagerly await the next installment with much anticipation!



No comments: