50 Book Reviews Reviews Published

Friday, August 18, 2017

My July Ipsy Bag

My July Ipsy Bag 

I've seen a few people post about the Ipsy bags on Facebook so I thought "why not" it might be fun trying some makeup and skin care items.  A truly girlie thing to do in a house full of men, right?  So here is my July bag offerings.  Since I am such a newbie when it comes to make up I actually had to look up what 2 of the items are and how to properly apply them.  I wasn't allowed to wear makeup growing up so while my friends developed a morning make up routine, I slept in.  So now that I have re-entered the workforce in a grown up job with adults I figured I should maybe try to look nice.  So for $10 I received everything yo use in the picture.  Absolutely love the small sizes, as a FlyLady FlyBaby I have to say that I have tossed many a tube of lipstick and so forth out because I don't use it often enough and believe it or not, make up can go bad in that it will become a breeding ground for icky things.  

For skincare, there was a small bottle of Avenue Cleanance MAT toner. This is an astringent and works really well without drying my skin out.  Keep in mind that I don't have dry skin to begin with.

Next is the Tarte Bronzer.  I am very happy to say that this can found at ULTA and if anyone would like a 20% off coupon let me know, I have a spare one.  So bronzer is definitely an item I needed to look up to see how it is properly used.    The Tarte website even has a video tutorial to make it easy.  This is a great product and again was not too heavy and my skin was not irritated but rather had a nice soft glow. Side note it is vegan friendly and more info can be found at  http://tartecosmetics.com/tarte-item-park-ave-princess-matte-waterproof-bronzer 

Then there is the illuminating highlight powder made by Nomad, a "silky soft highlighter infused with moisturizing ingredients in a champagne shade inspired by the illuminating glow of the ever-present sun above the horizon even during the long summer nights."  Nights in the Nordic, not night in North Carolina.  I'm not sure I would know what to do with all that sunshine going into the night.  Most likely I'd be more productive. Here is the only place I could find it on the web so be sure to leave a comment if you know of a better place. https://nomadcosmetics.com/pages/Stockholm

My favorite product in this bag was the Wonderwand.  Eyeliner has always mystified me.  It can give such depth or the ability to make one's eyes bold and beautiful.  This was a kohl colored liner with a built in brush for blending.  I checked out the website https://www.ciatelondon.com/collections/makeup/products/wonderwand-liner?variant=29102559303 and was amazed to see the tutorial video showing a variety of colors and just how great it looked when multiple colors were layered and blended and since they used a model with "hooded" eyelids I could actually see that this would work for me.  Eyeshadow tends to be lost on me in that you can't see it on me unless I put it up by my brow line.  There are 10 colors to choose from and all come with the blending brush on the end.

The last item was my least favorite, and this is most likely due to the color.  It was a pink that looked too pink, too pale pink with a matte finish.  It looked like I had put pink chalk on my lips and was a little difficult to remove.  It goes on wet like a lip gloss and the product website has a tutorial (love all these tutorials) to show you how to put it on.  I know you're thinking, it's like lip gloss, I can figure it out.  I didn't realize that the top lip should start at the middle of Cupid's bow and go out hugging the lip line. Here is the web link https://www.winkylux.com/collections/double-matte-whip-liquid-lipstick and there are 5 colors to choose from or save money and get all 5 at one time.







No comments: